Xiaomi has announced its self-developed air charging technology (Mi Air Charge). This technology does not require a base. So the phone (or any supported device) can achieve a long-distance wireless charging in the hand or in the pocket. The Xiaomi Mi 11 smartphone is the first to implement this technology.
Mi Air Charge Technology: – Everything You Should Know
Since this is a quiet lengthy article, we have added a table of contents for easier navigation.
- The core technology of Xiaomi’s remote charging lies in space positioning and energy transmission.
- Xiaomi’s self-developed isolated charging pile has five phase interference antennas built-in, which can accurately detect the location of the smartphone.
- A phase control array composed of 144 antennas transmits millimeter-wide waves directly to the phone through beamforming.
- On the smartphone side, Xiaomi has also developed a miniaturized antenna array with built-in “beacon antenna” and “receiving antenna array”. Beacon antenna broadcasts position information with low power consumption.
- The receiving antenna array composed of 14 antennas converts the millimeter wave signal emitted by the charging pile into electric energy through the rectifier circuit, to turn the sci-fi charging experience into reality.
Currently, Xiaomi remote charging technology is capable of 5-watt remote charging for a single device within a radius of several meters. Apart from that, multiple devices can also be charged at the same time (each device supports 5 watts), and even physical obstacles do not reduce the charging efficiency.
Future living Rooms will be Fully Wireless
In the near future, Xiaomi’s self-developed space isolation charging technology will also be able to work with smartwatches, bracelets and other wearable devices.
Soon our living room devices, including speakers, desk lamps and other small smart home products, will all be built upon a wireless power supply design, completely free of wires, making our living rooms truly wireless.
This is a revolutionary innovation of wireless charging. This is also a bold attempt to turn the whole house Wireless.