What makes Minecraft one of the most beloved video games in the world is its ability to transform even the most mundane things into adventures that are sometimes difficult to complete. In particular, today we are going to see how to tame a cat, obviously starting from the basics.
Since this is a quiet lengthy article, we have added a table of contents for easier navigation.
Before starting with the guide, however, let’s see what will be the steps to complete to capture a cat and only then tame it. The fundamental action to tame a cat will be to capture an ocelot, a creature that, if properly cared for, will transform itself into the desired cat. To do this, however, it will be necessary to catch a large amount of fish, but only after having built a fishing rod capable of this feat. Having made the necessary promises, let’s see immediately how to carry out the whole procedure.
How to catch an ocelot
As anticipated in the previous paragraph, the first thing to do will be to try to catch an ocelot using fish caught. So let’s start with the creation of the fishing rod.
How to make a fishing rod
To create a fishing rod you will need: three units of sticks and two units of string. The first of the two elements will also be the easiest to find, while for the second you will have to fight against spiders.
- Stick: Place two units of wooden planks on a workbench and start construction
- Lanyard: defeat a series of spiders or create it starting from cobwebs found in abandoned fortresses or mines (to catch cobwebs you will need to enchant a sword with “Velvet Touch”)
At this point, all you need to do is take the three units of stick and the two units of string, place them on a workbench and start building the fishing rod.
How to catch fish
After building a fishing rod, it will then be possible to continue with the second step: fishing for fish to use as bait for the ocelot. In particular, the recommended amount for catching an ocelot will be around ten units of fish.
- Reaching a stream
- Select the previously created “Fishing rod” object
- Launch the hook using the right mouse button
- Wait for something to bite (not always fish)
- Call up the hook using the right mouse button
- Repeat this until at least ten units of fish are reached
Bonus: create a leash
Although not an essential operation, we still recommend creating a leash, a very useful object that will simplify the capture of the leopard. To generate it you will need: four units of string (available as seen above) and a ball of Slime (available by fighting against the “Slime”, almost always present in the swamps)
Once you have all the elements, all you need to do is place them on a workbench and start building the leash.
Where to find an ocelot
Finally, to find and subsequently capture an ocelot it will be necessary to navigate among the foliage of the “Jungle”. The ocelot will not attack the user in any way, however, it will tend to run away the moment you approach it. The best way to do this will therefore be: slowly approach from behind and use the leash to restrain him.
How to tame a cat
Once the leopard has been captured, it will be necessary to transport it in a large and closed place, in order to be able to free it, but at the same time prevent it from escaping.
- Release the ocelot and approach slowly (while maintaining a distance of about ten blocks)
- Add the caught fish to the quick slot and select them to hold them in your hand
- Wait for the leopard to smell the fish and to approach it spontaneously (in this phase it will be necessary to remain motionless)
- When the ocelot is close enough, select it to throw the fish
- Repeat the procedure until the leopard turns into a cat by changing color
If you think this post can be helpful to somebody else, please share it on Twitter, Facebook or Whatsapp it to friends. There are buttons below for this (easy to use too)! Join Over 5,000 + Readers. Get a free daily update via Email HERE