The Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 improves on the offerings on the Xiaomi Redmi Note 9, with features that make for a more appreciable standard smartphone in the Redmi Note series. The star features on the Redmi Note 10 include a 33W charging capacity, as well as a Super AMOLED display which is the first in the series.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Key Specs and Features
Since this is a quiet lengthy article, we have added a table of contents for easier navigation.
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Key Specs and Features
- Design and Display
- The Cameras
- Hardware and Software
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Price and Availability
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Specs
- General Features
- Network Support
- Internet & Connectivity
- Sensors & Control
- Other Features
- 6.43-inches Super AMOLED Display, 1080 x 2400 pixels (~409 PPI)
- Android 11; MIUI 12
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 678 (11 nm) Processor
- 4GB / 6GB RAM
- 64GB / 128GB Built-in Storage, with Micro-SD Support
- 48MP + 8MP + 2MP + 2MP Quad Rear Camera
- 13MP Front Camera
- Fingerprint Sensor (Side-Mounted)
- IP53, Dust and Splash Protection
- Fast Charging (33W Capacity)
- 5000mAh Non-Removable Li-Po Battery
Design and Display
Although we may not have had an exact replica of the Xiaomi Redmi Note 10, its design does feel familiar. It sort of oozes Xiaomi design cues, which isn’t a bad thing. This design may not be the most beautiful, but it can be appreciated, considering how it looks different from the Redmi Note 9.
For starters, enthusiasts can get the Redmi Note 10 in three colours, which include Shadow Black (Onyx Gray), Frost White (Pebble White), and Aqua Green (Lake Green).
Perusing its chassis, we find its most distinctive design features on the rear, which is its camera module, which went from being a square having its cameras in a horizontal layout row, to being vertically arranged in a complex setup.
Xiaomi also shoved in a gradient design, which is pretty much common with Xiaomi smartphones these days.
Moving upfront, we are treated with a familiar fearing a punch hole on a display. Here you will find a 6.43-inch display based on a Super AMOLED panel. This display has a resolution of 1080 x 2400 pixels, a density of 409 PPI.
The cameras on the Xiaomi Note 10 show no improvements over the Redmi Note 9. They are basically the same. In my mind, I guessed, making a camera boost could have disrupted the pricing.
The camera setup on the rear comprises a 48MP primary camera with an aperture of f/1.8, an 8MP ultrawide camera with an aperture of f/2.2, and a 118˚ field of view.
The other members of the rear camera department include a 2MP depth camera with an aperture of f/2.4 and a 2MP macro camera with an aperture of f/2.4. Video recording on this camera is capped at 4k @ 30fps.
Moving on to the front camera department, we have a single 13MP camera with an aperture of f/2.5. Video record on this camera is capped at 1080p @ 30fps.
Hardware and Software
Xiaomi Opted for the Qualcomm Snapdragon 678 processor as opposed to the MediaTek G85 processor.
The other performance features include an Adreno 612 GPU, 4GB / 6GB RAM, storage options of either 64GB or 128GB, and a non-removable 5000mAh Li-Po battery. Consumers will also be served with 33W fast charging, as opposed to 18W fast charging on the Redmi Note 9.
On the software side, the Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 runs the MIUI 12 user interface on top of the Android 11 operating system.
The Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 features a 3.5mm headphone jack, USB Type-C port, dual-band Wifi Bluetooth 5.0 connectivity.
Internet connectivity on the Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 is capped at 4G LTE, this means you won’t have the luxury of 5G internet speed. Download and uploads are limited to 4G speed.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Price and Availability
The price of the Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 starts at around $165 for the 4GB / 64GB variant, which translates to about Rs 11,999 in India, 62,783 Naira in Nigeria, 18,097 KSH in Kenya, and 948 GHC in Ghana.
Enthusiasts who decide to go for the maxed out 6GB / 128GB variant will have to sell out $193.
The Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 was announced on the 4th of March 2021 and is expected to go on sale on the 16th of March 2021.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Specs
Here are a few specs of the Xiaomi Redmi Note 10:
- Platform: Android 11, MIUI 12
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 678 (11 nm) (Octa-core 2×2.2 GHz Kryo 460 Gold & 6×1.7 GHz Kryo 460 Silver)
- GPU: Adreno 612
- Memory: 4GB / 6GB RAMSupr
- Colours: Shadow Black (Onyx Gray), Frost White (Pebble White), Aqua Green (Lake Green)
- Dimension: 160.5 x 74.5 x 8.3 mm
- Weight: 178.8 g
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM
- SIM Count: Dual-SIM
- Display: 6.43 inches Super AMOLED, 1080 x 2400 Pixels, ~409 PPI 20:9 Aspect Ratio, ~83.5% screen-to-body ratio
- Screen Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 48MP (Primary) f/1.8 + 8MP (Ultrawide) f/2.2, 118˚ + 2MP (Macro) f/2.4 + 2MP (depth)
- Rear Camera Features: LED flash, HDR, Panorama, 4K@30fps, 1080p@30/60fps
- Front Camera: 13MP Camera, f/2.5, HDR, 1080p@30fps
- Built-in Storage: 64GB / 128GB
- Memory Card Support: Yes (Dedicated Slot)
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- 2G CDMA 1X: –
- 3G WCDMA: 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 3G CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 20, 28, 38, 40, 41
- 5G: No
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: No
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes, Bluetooth 5.0, A2DP, LE
- NFC: No
- Infrared Blaster: Yes
- USB Port: USB Type-C 2.0
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: –
- Push Emails: –
- Email Protocol: –
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: –
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: –
- Barometer: –
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: No
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes (Side-Mounted)
- Iris Scanner: –
- Face Unlock: –
- Stylus Pen: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: –
- Wireless Charging: –
- Built-in Mobile Payment: –
- Water Resistant: No
- Dust Resistant: No
- Image Editor: –
- Video Editor: –
- Document Viewer: –
- Document Editor: –
- Battery: Non-Removable 5000mAh Li-Po Battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: 33W Capacity