Starting with the screen, the Redmi 9T is built around a 6.53-inch IPS LCD of 1080p resolution, just like the more expensive Redmi Note 9T 5G.
As a matter of fact, the camera of the Redmi 9T is better than the Redmi Note 9T 5G with the same main 48MP f/1.8 camera and pair of 2MP macro and depth sensors, but with a fourth 8MP f/2.2 ultrawide shooter. The selfie camera is an 8MP one.
The phone is powered by a Snapdragon 662 with either 4GB or 6GB of RAM. You get a choice of 64GB or 128GB of storage.
The Redmi 9T brings an even bigger battery than the Redmi Note 9T 5G – a 6,000mAh unit with the same 18W charging speed. Xiaomi claims up to 4 years of reliability and multiple days on a single charge from it.
Like the Redmi Note 9T 5G, the Redmi 9T has an infrared sensor, 3.5mm headphone jack and optional NFC.
Xiaomi Redmi 9T Specifications
Since this is a quiet lengthy article, we have added a table of contents for easier navigation.
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 4G bands: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 20, 28, 38, 40, 41
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A
- Announced: 2021, January 08
- Status: Exp. release 2021, January
- Dimensions: 162.3 x 77.3 x 9.6 mm (6.39 x 3.04 x 0.38 in)
- Weight: 198 g (6.98 oz)
- Build: Glass front (Gorilla Glass 3), plastic frame, plastic back
- Colors: Carbon Gray, Twilight Blue, Sunrise Orange, Ocean Green
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: IPS LCD, 400 nits (typ)
- Size: 6.53 inches, 104.7 cm2 (~83.4% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2340 pixels, 19.5:9 ratio (~395 ppi density)
- Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Android 10, MIUI 12
- Chipset: Qualcomm SM6115 Snapdragon 662 (11 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (4×2.0 GHz Kryo 260 Gold & 4×1.8 GHz Kryo 260 Silver)
- GPU: Adreno 610
- RAM: 4GB, 6GB
- Internal Storage: 64GB, 128GB
- Memory Card slot: microSDXC (dedicated slot)
- UFS 2.1 – 64GB
- UFS 2.2 – 128GB
- Main Camera: Quad
- 48 MP, f/1.8, 26mm (wide), 1/2.0″, 0.8µm, PDAF
- 8 MP, f/2.2, 120˚ (ultrawide), 1/4.0″, 1.12µm
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (macro)
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (depth)
- Features: LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: [email protected]
- Selfie Camera: Single – 8 MP, f/2.0, 27mm (wide), 1/4.0″, 1.12µm
- Video: [email protected]
- Radio: FM Radio
- Loudspeaker: Yes, with stereo speakers
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- 24-bit/192kHz audio
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- NFC: No
- Infrared port: Yes
- USB: USB Type-C 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint (side-mounted), accelerometer, proximity, compass
- Battery Type and Capacity: Li-Po 6000 mAh, non-removable
- Charging: Fast charging 18W
- Reverse charging: Yes, 2.5W
Xiaomi Redmi 9T Price and Availability
The major feature missing on the Redmi 9T compared to its newly unveiled Note sibling is 5G, however that’s offset by the aggressive pricing. The price starts at
- €159 for the 4GB + 64GB model (€10 more for NFC)
- €189 for the 4GB + 128GB model (€10 more for NFC).
- 6GB/128GB versionis yet to get an official price.
Buyers have a choice of four colors – Twilight Blue, Sunset Orange, Carbon Gray and Ocean Green.