The Xiaomi Redmi 9T falls in line as yet another more capable alternative to the Redmi 9. Packing in a more Snapdragon processor, a more capable camera system, a bigger battery, and more. The Redmi 9T also happens to share a lot of DNA with the Redmi 9 Power. The traits can be seen in both the design and the performance setup.
Xiaomi Redmi 9T Key Specs and Features
Since this is a quiet lengthy article, we have added a table of contents for easier navigation.
- Xiaomi Redmi 9T Key Specs and Features
- Design and Display
- The Cameras
- Hardware and Software
- Xiaomi Redmi 9T Price and Availability
- Xiaomi Redmi 9T Specs
- General Features
- Network Support
- Internet & Connectivity
- Sensors & Control
- Other Features
- 6.53-inch IPS LCD Display, 1080 x 2340 Pixels (395 ppi)
- Android 10.0; MIUI 12
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 662 (11 nm)
- 4GB RAM / 6GB RAM
- 64GB / 128GB Built-in Storage, with Micro-SD Support
- 48MP + 8MP + 2MP + 2MP Quad Rear Camera
- 8MP Front Camera
- Fingerprint Sensor (Side-Mounted)
- Fast Charging (18W Capacity)
- Reverse Wired Charging (2.5W Capacity)
- 6000 mAh Non-Removable Li-Po Battery
Design and Display
The repetition of smartphone design has sort of grown to become one of the traits with Xiaomi. However, Xiaomi isn’t the only brand on this bandwagon, as there are other brands with reminiscing smartphone design.
The Redmi 9T wraps its hardware, in a chassis identical to that of the Redmi 9 Power. Both smartphones are simply mirrored images of each other. Telling both smartphones apart by just mere chassis assessment may be a herculean task, as both smartphones have the same color variants.
Upfront on this device, you will find a 6.53-inch IPS LCD display, with a drop notch housing a front-facing camera. This display has a resolution of 1080 x 2340 and a density of 395 PPI.
There isn’t any high-end refresh rate here or notes about HDR10+ technology, is pretty much the stock stuff.
Moving on to the rear, we have got a camera module bearing four cameras, an LED flash, and a brief writeup describing the cameras. Below the camera module, you will find the Redmi branding, which sort of indicates it’s a Xiaomi smartphone.
The Cameras on the Xiaomi Redmi 9T are more capable in comparison to that of the standard Redmi 9, and they a replica of the cameras we have on the Redmi 9 power. However, the summary here is that enthusiasts will have a capable camera system to capture memorable moments.
The rear camera system is host to four cameras, which consists of a 48MP primary camera with an aperture of f/1.8, an 8MP ultrawide camera with an aperture of f/2.2, a 2MP macro camera with an aperture of f/2.4, and a 2MP depth camera with an aperture of f/2.4.’
Upfront on the selfie department, we have got a single 8MP camera with an aperture of f/2.0. It isn’t the most capable in the market, but its gonna allow you capture moments with friends and family.
Hardware and Software
Performance on the Xiaomi Redmi 9T is championed by a qualcomm Snapdragon 662 processor as seen on the Redmi 9 Power. Also onboard the performance train, is an Adreno 610 GPU, 4GB RAM, options for 64GB or 128GB of internal storage and a non-removable 6000mAh battery.
This performance hardware setup pretty much falls in the mid-range category. Its a capable combo, however enthusiats who note that it isn’t in the high-end category and shouldn’t be compared to the likes of the Xiaomi Redmi 9 pro, which is an example of a higher mid-range device.
On the software side, we have go the MIUI 12 user interface, running on the Android 10 operating system.
The Xiaomi Redmi 9T features a 3.5mm headphone jack, USB Type-C port, dual-band Wifi Bluetooth 5.0 connectivity.
Internet connectivity on the Xiaomi Redmi 9T is capped at 4G LTE, this means you won’t have the luxury of 5G internet speed. Download and uploads are limited to 4G speed.
Xiaomi Redmi 9T Price and Availability
The price of the Xiaomi Redmi 9T starts around $193 of the base 4GB / 64GB varaint. This price translates to 73,582 in Naira, 21,246 KSH in Kenya and 1,125 GHC in Ghana.
The Xiaomi Redmi 9T was announced on January 8th 2021 and is expected to be available for purchase later in January.
Xiaomi Redmi 9T Specs
Here are a few specs of the Xiaomi Redmi 9T:
- Platform: Android 10, MIUI 12
- Processor: Qualcomm SM6115 Snapdragon 662 (11nm) (4×2.0 GHz Kryo 260 Gold & 4×1.8 GHz Kryo 260 Silver)
- GPU: Adreno 610
- Memory: 4GB RAM
- Colours: Mighty Black, Fiery Red, Electric Green, Blazing Blue
- Dimension: 162.3 x 77.3 x 9.6 mm
- Weight: 198 g
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM
- SIM Count: Dual-SIM
- Display: 6.53-inch IPS LCD 1080 x 2340 pixels, 19.5:9 Ratio, 395 PPI, 83.4% screen-to-body Ratio, 19.5:9 Ratio
- Screen Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 48MP (Primary) F/1.8 + 8MP (Ultrawide) F/2.2, 120˚ FOV + 2MP (Macro) f/2.4 + 2MP (Depth) F/2.4
- Rear Camera Features: LED flash, HDR, Panorama, 1080p@30fps
- Front Camera: 8MP (Wide) F/2.0 Camera
- Built-in Storage: 64GB / 128GB
- Memory Card Support: Yes, microSDXC (dedicated slot)
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- 2G CDMA 1X: –
- 3G WCDMA: 850 / 900 / 2100
- 3G CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 20, 28, 38, 40, 41
- 5G: No
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: –
- HSPA+: –
- CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: No
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, Hotspot
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 5.0, A2DP, LE
- NFC: No
- Infrared Blaster: –
- USB Port: USB Type-C, USB On-The-Go
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: –
- Push Emails: –
- Email Protocol: Yes
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- Maps: Yes, Google Maps
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: –
- Barometer: –
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: No
- Gyroscope: –
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes (Side-mounted)
- Iris Scanner: –
- Face Unlock: –
- Stylus Pen: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Google Assistant
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: –
- Wireless Charging: No
- Built-in Mobile Payment: –
- Water Resistant: No
- Dust Resistant: No
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: –
- Document Viewer: –
- Document Editor: –
- Battery: Non-removable 6000mAh Li-Po Battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: 18W Capacity