The Xiaomi Mi 10s comes in as yet another more premium sibling to the Xiaomi Mi 10 5G. A release that sort of came as a surprise considering the fact that the Xiaomi Mi 11 is already in existence. However, comparing the Mi 10s to the standard Mi 10 leaves you with a more capable processor, a slightly faster-charging speed, wrapped in a chassis with a familiar design.
Xiaomi Mi 10s Key Specs & Features
Since this is a quiet lengthy article, we have added a table of contents for easier navigation.
- 6.67-inch, Super AMOLED Display, 1080 x 2340 Pixels (386 PPI), 90Hz Refresh Rate, HDR10+
- Android 11; MIUI 12
- Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 870 (7nm) Processor
- 8GB / 12GB RAM
- 128GB / 256GB Built-in Storage
- 108MP + 13MP + 2MP + 2MP Quad Rear Camera
- 20MP Front Camera
- Fingerprint Sensor (Under Display, Optical)
- 33W Fast Charging
- 4780mAh Non-Removable Li-Po Battery
Design and Display
The Xiaomi Mi 10s design is a reminiscence of the design we already saw on the Mi 10 Pro, a move that didn’t come as a surprise considering the fact that they are siblings in the same series.
Upfront we have got a curved 6.67 inches AMOLED display with a punch-hole camera housed in the top-left position. The major features of this display are a resolution of 1080 x 2340 Pixels, a density of 386 PPI, and a 90Hz refresh rate.
Moving on to the rear, we have a camera module that keeps four cameras in a vertical array. Far beneath the camera module is the OEM branding, which indicates it’s a Xiaomi smartphone.
The colour options available on the Xiaomi Mi 10s include Titanium Black, Ice Blue, Pearl White. The rear covering is the base for the colour options.
The cameras on the Xiaomi Mi 10s are no different from the standard Mi 10, both smartphones bear the same rear and front camera setup.
On the rear, we have a 108MP camera with an aperture of f/1.7, a 13MP ultrawide camera with an aperture of f/2.4, and a 123˚ field of view. The other cameras on this setup include a 2MP depth camera with an aperture of f/2.4 and a 2MP macro camera with an aperture of f/2.4. Video recording with this camera is capped at 8k @ 30fps.
Moving up front, we have got a single 20MP camera instilled in a punch hole. This camera is capable of shooting videos up to 1080p @ 30fps.
Hardware and Software
The Xiaomi Mi 10s makes waves in its performance department, with the Snapdragon 876 processor, which is more premium than the Snapdragon 865 processor on its siblings. Please note that this includes the Xiaomi Mi 10 ultra which also features the Snapdragon 865 processor.
The other members of the Xiaomi Mi 10s performance train include an Adreno 650 GPU, 8GB / 12GB RAM options, 128GB / 256GB storage options, and a non-removable 4780mAh Li-Po battery. Enthusiasts will also be served with a 33W fast charge mechanism.
The data above pretty much tells that the edge the Mi 10s has over the standard Mi 10 are it’s processor and charging speed.
On the software side, we have MIUI 12 user interface running on the Android 11 operating system.
The Xiaomi Mi 10s features Bluetooth 5.1, dual-band Wifi, NFC, and a USB Type-C port. Please note that there isn’t a 3.5mm headphone jack. Private audio listening is done via type-c headphones or via wireless headphones.
Internet connectivity on the smartphone is capped at 5G. It offers users living in 5G connected areas, with 5G speed.
Xiaomi Mi 10s Price and Availability
Enthusiasts who desire to take things up a notch with the maxed out 12GB / 256GB variant will have to pay about $770.
Xiaomi Mi 10s Specs
Here are a few specs of the Xiaomi Mi 10s:
- Platform: Android 11, MIUI 12
- Processor: Qualcomm SM8250-AC Snapdragon 870 5G (7 nm) (1×3.2 GHz Kryo 585 & 3×2.42 GHz Kryo 585 & 4×1.80 GHz Kryo 585)
- GPU: Adreno 650
- Memory: 8GB / 12GB RAM
- Colours: Titanium Black, Ice Blue, Pearl White
- Dimension: 162.6 x 74.8 x 9 mm
- Weight: 208 g
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM
- SIM Count: Dual-SIM
- Display: 6.67 inches AMOLED, 1080 x 2340 Pixels, 90Hz Refresh Rate, ~89.8% screen-to-body ratio, ~386 PPI density
- Screen Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 108MP (Primary) f/1.7 + 13MP (Utrawide), f/2.4 123˚FOV + 2MP (Macro) f/2.4 + 2MP (Depth) f/2.4
- Rear Camera Features: Dual-LED dual-tone flash, PDAF, HDR, Panorama, 8K@30fps, 4K@30/60fps, 1080p@30/60/120fps; gyro-EIS
- Front Camera: 20MP Camera, HDR, panorama, 1080p@30fps, 720p@120fps
- Built-in Storage: 128GB / 256GB
- Memory Card Support: No
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- 2G CDMA 1X: –
- 3G WCDMA: 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 3G CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 17, 34, 38, 39, 40, 41
- 5G: 1, 3, 41, 78, 79 SA/NSA
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 5.1, A2DP, LE, aptX HD, aptX Adaptive
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared Blaster: Yes
- USB Port: USB Type-C 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: –
- Push Emails: –
- Email Protocol: –
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: –
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: Dual-band A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO, QZSS
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: –
- Barometer: –
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: No
- Gyroscope: –
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes (under display, optical)
- Iris Scanner: –
- Face Unlock: –
- Stylus Pen: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: –
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: –
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: –
- Wireless Charging: Yes (30W Capacity)
- Built-in Mobile Payment: –
- Water Resistant: –
- Dust Resistant: –
- Image Editor: –
- Video Editor: –
- Document Viewer: –
- Document Editor: –
- Battery: Non-Removable 4780mAh Li-Po Battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: 33W Fast Charging Capacity