The Xiaomi Mi 10i 5G comes in as a follow up of the previously released Xiaomi Mi10 5G. It packs in mid-range smartphone hardware as opposed to the high-end package which we saw on the standard Mi10. The Xiaomi Mi 10i 5G also happens to bear the same chassis design as seen on the Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
Xiaomi Mi 10i 5G Key Specs & Features
- 6.67-inch, IPS LCD Display, 1080 x 2400 Pixels (395 PPI), 120Hz Refresh Rate, HDR10+
- Android 10, MIUI 12
- Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 750 5G (8nm)
- 6GB / 8GB RAM
- 128GB Built-in Storage, SD-Cards Support
- 108MP + 8MP + 2MP + 2MP Quad Rear Cameras
- 20MP Front Camera
- Fingerprint Sensor (Under Display)
- 33W Fast Charging
- 4820mAh Non-Removable Li-Po Battery
Design and Display
As mentioned in the introductory paragraph, the Xiaomi Mi 10 5G shares a similar chassis design with the Xiaomi X3 NFC. This goes to say that Xiaomi is offering enthusiasts a similar aesthetic feel from a previously released device.
There may be a lot of similarities, however, telling both smartphones aside isn’t a very difficult thing. This is very true when you put the rear panel design setup into consideration.
The Mi 10i 5G does away with the conspicuous Poco branding on the rear of the X3 NFC, alongside a darker colour pattern on the middle. The Camera module design and LED placements were retained. You will also find the Mi branding, which sort of indicates it’s a Xiaomi smartphone, along with some other texts.
Enthusiasts who decide to purchase this Android smartphone will have three colour options as opposed to the two colour options on the X3 NFC. These colour options include Pacific Sunrise, Midnight Black, and Atlantic Blue.
Moving up front, we have a 6.67-inch IPS LCD display, which shares the same parameters as that of the X3 NFC. This display has a resolution of 1080 x 2400 Pixels, a density of 395 PPI, and a 120Hz refresh rate.
The cameras on the Xiaomi Mi 10i 5G may not be the same as the ones on its more premium sibling, but they are certainly no slouch. The front and rear setup are equipped with capable cameras.
On the rear, we have a 108MP primary camera with an aperture of f/1.8, a 2MP macro camera with an aperture of f/2.4, a 2MP depth camera with an aperture of f/2.4 and an 8MP ultrawide camera with a 120˚ field of view and an aperture of f/2.2. This setup is capable of shooting videos up to 4k @ 30fps.
Upfront we have a single 16MP shooter with an aperture of f/2.5. This camera is capable of shooting videos up to 1080p @ 30fps. Enthusiats will also be served with a 33W fast charge system.
Hardware and Software
On the performance train, we have the Qualcomm Snapdragon 720G 5G taking the lead, in lieu of the high-end Snapdragon 865 processor on the standard Mi 10 5G.
The other performance facilitators include an Adreno 619 GPU, options for either 6GB or 8GB of RAM, 128GB of internal storage, with an option for SD-Card storage expansion, and a non-removable 4820mAh Li-Po battery.
On the software side, we have the MIUI 12 user interface running on the Android 10 operating system.
The Xiaomi Mi 10i 5G features Bluetooth 5.1, Wifi, NFC, a 3.5mm headphone jack, and a USB Type-C port.
Internet connectivity is capped at 5G. It offers users living in areas with 5G reception will be able to utilize 5G connectivity.
Xiaomi Mi 10i 5G Price and Availability
The price of the Xiaomi Mi 10i 5G starts around $303 for the standard 6GB / 128GB variant. This price translates to around 115,443 in Naira, 33,224 KSH in Kenya, and 1,764 GHC in Ghana.
The Xiaomi Mi 10i 5G was announced on January 5th, 2021, and released for purchase on January 8th, 2021.
Xiaomi Mi 10i 5G Specs
Here are a few specs of the Xiaomi Mi 10i 5G:
- Platform: Android 10, MIUI 12
- Processor: Qualcomm SM7225 Snapdragon 750G 5G (2×2.2 GHz Kryo 570 & 6×1.8 GHz Kryo 570)
- GPU: Adreno 619
- Memory: 6GB RAM / 8GB RAM
- Colours: Pacific Sunrise, Midnight Black, Atlantic Blue
- Dimension: 165.4 x 76.8 x 9 mm
- Weight: 214.5 g
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM
- SIM Count: Dual-SIM
- Display: 6.67-inch IPS LCD 2.5D, 1080 x 2400 Pixels, ~395 PPI, ~450 nits, 120Hz Refresh Rate
- Screen Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 108MP (Primary) f/1.8 + 8MP (Ultrawide) f/2.2 + 2MP (Macro) f/2.4 + 2MP (Depth) f/2.4
- Rear Camera Features: Dual-LED Dual-Tone Flash, HDR, Panorama, AI scene detection, Raw mode, Night mode 2.0, Dual video (selfie camera + main camera), 4k@30fps, 1080@ 30/60/120fps, 720p@ 120fps, 240fps 960fps, gyro-EIS
- Front Camera: Palm shutter, Panorama Selfie, Time-lapse Selfie, Movie Frame 16MP Camera, f/2.5, 1080p @ 30fps, 720p @ 120fps
- Built-in Storage: 128GB
- Memory Card Support: Yes (uses shared SIM slot)
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: B2/3/5/8
- 2G CDMA 1X: –
- 3G WCDMA: B1/2/5/8
- 3G CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: B1/3/5/7/8/38/40/41
- 5G: n77/n78
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: Yes
- WLAN: Yes
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared Blaster: Yes
- USB Port: USB Type-C 2.0
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: –
- Email Protocol: Yes
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: Dual-band A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: –
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: No
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes (Side-Mounted)
- Iris Scanner: –
- Face Unlock: –
- Stylus Pen: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Google Assistant
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: –
- Wireless Charging: No
- Built-in Mobile Payment: –
- Water Resistant: No
- Dust Resistant: No
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: –
- Document Viewer: –
- Document Editor: –
- Battery: Non-Removable 4820 mAh Li-Po Battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: 33W Capacity (100% in 58 mins as advertised)