The Vivo Y31s 5G smartphone was launched in January as the world’s first smartphone driven by the Snapdragon 480 mobile platform in China with a price tag of 1,498 Yuan (~$231). Now the standard edition of the smartphone named Vivo Y31s has gone official in the home market. Both phones have identical specs, and they only differ in departments like chipset and display size.
The Vivo Y31s Standard Edition features a 6.51-inch IPS LCD display with a teardrop notch. The 20:9 aspect ratio display produces an HD+ resolution of 720 x 1600 pixels. The phone offers a screen-to-body ratio of 89 percent. In comparison, the Vivo Y31s 5G has a slightly large 6.58-inch IPS LCD HD+ screen with a teardrop notch.
There is an 8-mgeapixel camera on the front side of the Vivo Y31s Standard Edition. The square-shaped camera array placed on the back panel has a 13-megapixel primary camera, a 2-megapixel depth sensor, and an LED flash arranged in a triangular manner.
The Vivo Y31s Standard Edition is powered by the Dimensity 700 chipset by MediaTek. At present, the phone is available in a single version in China with 6 GB of LPDDR4x RAM and a UFS 2.1 storage of 128 GB. It seems to lack a microSD card slot.
The phone boots to OriginOS 1.0 based Android 11 OS. For security, the Vivo Y31s Standard Edition is equipped with a side-mounted fingerprint scanner and face unlock support. The 5,000mAh battery of the smartphone supports 18W charging through USB-C. The phone offers users other features like dual SIM, 5G, Wi-Fi 802.11ac, Bluetooth 5.1, GPS, and a 3.5mm audio jack.
Vivo Y31s Standard Edition Specifications
Since this is a quiet lengthy article, we have added a table of contents for easier navigation.
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- CDMA 800
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 2100
- 4G bands: 1, 3, 4, 5, 8, 28A, 34, 38, 39, 40, 41
- 5G bands: 1, 3, 28, 41, 77, 78 SA/NSA
- Speed HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A, 5G
- Announced: 2021, January 11
- Status: Exp. release 2021, January
- Dimensions: 164.2 x 75.4 x 8.4 mm (6.46 x 2.97 x 0.33 in)
- Weight: 185.5 g (6.56 oz)
- Colors: Titanium Gray, Lake Light Blue, Haoyuebai (White)
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: IPS LCD, 90Hz
- Size: 6.51 inches
- Resolution: 1080 x 1600 pixels, 20:9 ratio
- Android 11, OriginOS 1.0
- Chipset: MediaTek Dimensity 700 MT6833
- CPU: 2.2GHz Octa-core
- GPU: Mali-G57
- RAM: 6GB
- Internal Storage: 128GB
- Memory Card slot: No
- UFS 2.1
- Main Camera: Dual
- 13 MP, (wide), PDAF
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (depth)
- Features: LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: 4K@30fps, 1080p@30fps
- Slfie Ceamera: Single – 8 MP, f/2.0, (wide)
- Features: HDR
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- WLAN: Yes
- Bluetooth: 5.1
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO
- NFC: No
- USB: USB Type-C 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint (side-mounted), accelerometer, proximity, compass
- Battery Type and Capacity: Li-Po 5000 mAh, non-removable
- Charging: Fast charging 18W
Vivo Y31s Standard Edition Price and Availability
The Vivo Y31s Standard Edition is priced at 1,699 Yuan (~$262) and it comes in three colors such as Titanium Gray, Lake Light Blue, and Haoyuebai (White). There is no word on its availability outside China.