The Vivo X60 Pro 5G comes in as the successor to the Vivo X51 5G which was released last year. As a successor, it packs in a more capable smartphone hardware wrapped in a chassis with a design similar to what we had on its predecessor. It offers a more capable processor, more RAM, a richer display, and more. This article bothers on the Vivo X60 Pro 5G specs and price, which is geared towards helping you make your purchase decision.
Vivo X60 Pro 5G Key Specs & Features
- 6.56 inches AMOLED Display, 1080 x 2376 Pixels (398 PPI), HDR10+, 120Hz, Refresh Rate (398 PPI)
- Android 11, OriginOS
- Exynos 1080 (5 nm)
- 12GB RAM
- 256GB Built-in Storage
- 48MP + 8MP + 13MP + 13MP Quad Rear Cameras
- 32MP Front Camera
- 5G Support
- Fast Charging (33W Capacity)
- 4200 mAh Non-Removable Li-Po Battery
Design and Display
The design of the Vivo X60 Pro 5G shares a lot of DNA with that of its predecessor. Perussing the design sort of gives a feeling Vivo just re-arranged the placement to make it look different. With this in place, you can comfortably say X51 owners are going to feel comfortable with this design.
On the rear we have a square camera module bearing four cameras, the zeiss logo, some writeups and an LED flash. Although its predecessor has the same quad camera setup, we have a slightly different arrangement here, that sets them apart. Aside from the camera module, you will also find the Vivo branding, which indicates its a Vivo smartphone.
Enthusiats who decide to purchase the X60 Pro 5G will have two colour options, which may end up being a dilemma for some. These colour options include Huacai and force.
Moving upfront, we have the same 6.56-inch display as seen on its predecessor, however, the punch hole camera was moved from the left hand side on the latter to the top center position.
Resolution is set at 1080 x 2376 Pixels, density at 398 PPI. We also have a smoother 120Hz refresh rate as opposed to 90Hz on its predecessor.
The Cameras on the Vivo X60 Pro 5G are a reminisce of the X60 5G. This is true for both the rear and front setup. However, there are some differences in the aperture values.
On the rear, we have a 48MP primary camera with an aperture of f/1.5, an 8MP periscope telephoto camera with an aperture of f/3.4 and a 5x optical zoom. We also have a 13MP portrait camera f/2.5 and a 13MP ultrawide camera with an aperture of f/2.2 and a 120˚ field of view. Video record with this setup is capped at 4k @ 30fps
On the selfie side, we have a single 32MP camera with an aperture of f/2.5. Video record with this camera is capped at 1080p @ 30fps.
Hardware and Software
The Vivo X60 Pro 5G performance hardware setup, was built to be an improvement of its predecessor the X51 5G. Onboard the performance train, is an Octa-core Exynos 1080 processor, which falls behind the Exynos 2100 processor on the Samsung Galaxy S21.
The other members of the performance train include a Mali-G78 GPU, 12GB RAM, 256GB of internal storage, a non-removable 4200mAh battery. Enthusiats will also get a 33W fast charging system.
On the software side, we have the Origin OS running on the Android 11 operating system.
The Vivo X60 Pro 5G features a USB Type-C port, low energy Bluetooth 5.1, and Dual band Wifi.
Internet connectivity is capped at 5G, which means enthusiats can utilize 5G connectivity for downloads, uploads and streaming.
Vivo X60 Pro 5G Pricing and Availablility
The price of the Vivo X60 Pro 5G starts around $760, which translates to 289,560 Naira in Nigeria, 83,334 in Kenya and 5,706 GHC in Ghana.
The Vivo X60 5G was announced on December 29 2020 and released for purchase on Janaury 8th 2021.
Vivo X60 Pro 5G Specs
Here are a few specs of the Vivo X60 Pro 5G:
- Platform: Android 11, OriginOS
- Processor: Exynos 1080 (5 nm) (Octa-core, 1×2.8 GHz & 3×2.6 GHz & 4×2.0 GHz)
- GPU: Mali-G78
- Memory: 12GB RAM
- Colours: Gray, Aurora
- Dimension: 158.6 x 73.2 x 7.6 mm
- Weight: 178 g
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM
- SIM Count: Dual-SIM
- Display: 6.56-inch AMOLED Display, 1080 x 2376 Pixels, (~398 PPI),
- Screen Protection: –
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 48MP (Primary) f/1.5 + 8MP (Periscope Telephoto) f/3.5 + 13MP (Portrait) f/2.5 + 13MP (Ultrawide)120˚ FOV, f/2.2,
- Rear Camera Features: Zeiss optics, LED flash, HDR, Panorama, PDAF, OIS. 4K@30fps, 1080p@30fps, gyro-EIS
- Front Camera: 32MP Camera, f/2.5, HDR, 1080p@30fps
- Built-in Storage: 256GB
- Memory Card Support: No
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- 2G CDMA 1X: 800 & TD-SCDMA
- 3G WCDMA: 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 3G CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 17, 18, 19, 26, 34, 38, 39, 40, 41
- 5G: 1, 3, 41, 77, 78, 79 SA/NSA
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: –
- CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 5.1, A2DP, LE, aptX HD
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared Blaster: No
- USB Port: USB Type-C, USB On-The-Go
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: –
- Push Emails: –
- Email Protocol: Yes
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: No
- Navigation: Dual-band A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: –
- Barometer: –
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: No
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes (Under Display Optical)
- Iris Scanner: –
- Face Unlock: –
- Stylus Pen: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Google Assistant
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: –
- Wireless Charging: –
- Built-in Mobile Payment: –
- Water Resistant: No
- Dust Resistant: No
- Image Editor: –
- Video Editor: –
- Document Viewer: –
- Document Editor: –
- Battery: Non-Removable 4200mAh Li-Po Battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: 33W Fast Charging Capacity