The Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra was unveiled alongside the Galaxy S21 and Galaxy S21+. These smartphones are equipped with the Exynos 2100 SoC (announced this week), and Snapdragon 888 for some other countries. This article is entirely dedicated to the top model Galaxy S21 Ultra.
The smartphone received a Dynamic AMOLED 2X screen with a diagonal of 6.8 inches with a QHD + resolution and an adaptive image refresh rate from 10 to 120 Hz, its brightness reaches 1500 cd / m 2. This is the first Galaxy S smartphone to support the S Pen stylus, users will get the standard version of the electronic pen and the S Pen Pro with Bluetooth air gesture support will be available for purchase separately. The screen has Corning Gorilla Glass Victus protection. Samsung has used a new ultrasonic fingerprint sensor for user recognition that has 1.7 times the area and responds faster.
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra is equipped with a 5000 mAh battery and support for fast charging, which allows you to recharge the battery up to 50% in half an hour. As expected, the charger will no longer be included in the package, as well as headphones.
Galaxy S21 Ultra Camera
Since this is a quiet lengthy article, we have added a table of contents for easier navigation.
Moving on to the cameras, the front one here received a sensor with a resolution of as much as 40 megapixels, the main camera has four sensors. Samsung claims this is the best camera ever. The wide-angle module has a resolution of 108 megapixels, the ultra-wide-angle module has a 12-megapixel sensor. The camera offers 64 times richer colors and three times the dynamic range of the S20 Ulta. It is also possible to create 12-6 bit RAW files.
For the first time on a Samsung smartphone, 4K video recording at 60 fps is available with all the main camera modules and the front camera. A very high-quality zoom (100x Space Zoom) is also available. In fact, one module provides 3x optical zoom, and another one provides 10x optical zoom. The rest is digital. It also claims that Bright Night technology on the Galaxy S21 Ultra is Samsung’s biggest breakthrough in night photography.
Versions with 12 GB of RAM and 128, 256 or 512 GB are available to users, as well as with 16 GB of RAM and 512 GB of flash memory.
Of course, the smartphone received stereo speakers, NFC, Wi-Fi 6E, IP68 protection, wireless charging and other technologies.
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2 (Dual SIM model only)
- CDMA 800 / 1900 & TD-SCDMA
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- CDMA2000 1xEV-DO
- 4G bands: LTE
- 5G bands: SA/NSA/Sub6/mmWave
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A (CA), 5G
- Announced: 2021, January 14
- Status: Exp. release 2021, February
- Dimensions: 165.1 x 75.6 x 8.9 mm (6.5 x 2.98 x 0.35 in)
- Weight: 227 g (Sub6), 229 g (mmWave) (8.01 oz)
- Build: Glass front (Gorilla Glass Victus), glass back (Gorilla Glass), aluminum frame
- Colors: Phantom Black, Phantom Silver, Phantom Titanium, Phantom Navy, Phantom Brown
- SIM: Single SIM (Nano-SIM and/or eSIM) or Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Samsung Pay (Visa, MasterCard certified)
- IP68 dust/water resistant (up to 1.5m for 30 mins)
- Stylus support
- Type: Dynamic AMOLED 2X, 120Hz, HDR10+, 1500 nits (peak)
- Size: 6.8 inches, 112.1 cm2 (~89.8% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1440 x 3200 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~515 ppi density)
- Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass Victus
- Always-on display
- Android 11, One UI 3.5
- Exynos 2100 (5 nm) – International
- Qualcomm SM8350 Snapdragon 888 (5 nm) – USA/China/Korea
- Octa-core (1×2.9 GHz Cortex-X1 & 3×2.80 GHz Cortex-A78 & 4×2.2 GHz Cortex-A55) – International
- Octa-core (1×2.84 GHz Kryo 680 & 3×2.42 GHz Kryo 680 & 4×1.80 GHz Kryo 680 – USA/China/Korea
- Mali-G78 MP14 – International
- Adreno 660 – USA/China/Korea
- RAM: 12GB, 16GB
- Internal Storage: 128GB, 256GB, 512GB
- Memory Card slot: No
- UFS 3.1
- Main Camera: Quad
- 108 MP (2nd gen), f/1.8, 26mm (wide), 1/1.33″, 0.8µm, PDAF, Laser AF, OIS
- 10 MP, f/4.9, 240mm (periscope telephoto), 1/3.24″, 1.22µm, dual pixel PDAF, OIS, 10x optical zoom
- 10 MP, f/2.4, 70mm (telephoto), 1/3.24″, 1.22µm, dual pixel PDAF, OIS, 3x optical zoom
- 12 MP, f/2.2, 13mm (ultrawide), 1/2.55″, 1.4µm, dual pixel PDAF, Super Steady video
- Features: LED flash, auto-HDR, panorama
- Video: [email protected], [email protected]/60fps, [email protected]/60/120fps, [email protected], HDR10+, stereo sound rec., gyro-EIS & OIS
- Selfie Camera: Single – 40 MP, f/2.2, 26mm (wide), 1/2.8″, 0.7µm, PDAF
- Features: Dual video call, Auto-HDR
- Video: [email protected]/60fps, [email protected]
- Radio: FM radio (Snapdragon model only; market/operator dependent)
- Loudspeaker: Yes, with stereo speakers
- Audio 3.5mm jack: No
- 32-bit/384kHz audio
- Tuned by AKG
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6e, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.2, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO
- NFC: Yes
- USB: USB Type-C 3.2, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint (under display, ultrasonic), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer
- Samsung DeX, Samsung Wireless DeX (desktop experience support)
- Bixby natural language commands and dictation
- Battery Type and Capacity: Li-Po 5000 mAh, non-removable
- Charging: Fast charging 25W
- USB Power Delivery 3.0
- Fast Qi/PMA wireless charging 15W
- Reverse wireless charging 4.5W
Models: SM-G998B, SM-G998B/DS
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G Price and Availability
The smartphone is available in three colors: titanium phantom, blue phantom and bronze phantom.
- 12GB + 128GB – $1,199.99 / €1,249 / £1,149
- 12GB + 256GB – $1,249.99 / €1,299 / £1,149
- 16GB + 512GB – $1,379.99 / €1,429 / £1,329
- S Pen – $39.99
- Silicon Case with S Pen – $69.99
- Smart Clear View Case with S Pen – $89.99
Pre-order has already started on January 14 and will be available from January 29th in several countries.