Last year, Samsung announced the F-series smartphone with the launching of the Galaxy F41 as its first. Today, the South Korean company has unveiled the Samsung Galaxy F62 upper mid-range phone in India. Some of its key selling points include flagship-level Exynos 9825 chipset, 64-megapixel quad cameras, and a massive 7,000mAh battery.
The Samsung Galaxy F62 smartphone is built around a big-sized 6.7-inch sAMOLED+ display with an Infinity-O design. The screen supports a Full HD+ resolution of 1080 x 2400 pixels, a 20:9 aspect ratio, 420nits brightness, 1000000:1 contrast ratio, and up to 110 precent NTSC color gamut. For snapping selfies, the handset possesses a front camera of 32-megapixel.
The square-shaped camera module available on the Galaxy F62’s rear includes a 64-megapixel primary camera, a 12-megapixel ultrawide lens, a 5-megapixel macro lens, and a 5-megapixel depth sensor. The handset boots to OneUI 3.1 based Android 11 OS.
Despite housing a mammoth battery of 7,000mAh capacity, the Galaxy F62 sports a sleek design with a thickness of 9.5mm. Thankfully, the South Korean company has included support for 25W rapid charging on the device. The 7nm Exynos 9825 chipset that was used by Samsung to power the Galaxy Note 10 series in 2019 is the driving force of the Galaxy F62. The phone ships with LPDDR4x RAM and UFS 2.1 storage.
The Galaxy F62 offers users features like dual SIM support, 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac, Bluetooth 5.0, USB-C, a microSD card slot, and a 3.5mm audio jack. For security, the phone has a side-mounted fingerprint reader and face unlock support.
Samsung Galaxy F62 Specifications
Since this is a quiet lengthy article, we have added a table of contents for easier navigation.
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 2100
- 4G bands: LTE (unspecified)
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A
- Announced: 2021, February 15
- Status: Exp. release 2021, February 22
- Dimensions: 163.9 x 76.3 x 9.5 mm (6.45 x 3.00 x 0.37 in)
- Weight: 218 g (7.69 oz)
- Build: Glass front, plastic back, plastic frame
- Colors: Laser Green, Laser Gray, Laser Blue
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: Super AMOLED Plus, 420 nits (typ)
- Size: 6.7 inches, 108.4 cm2 (~86.7% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2400 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~393 ppi density)
- Android 11, One UI 3.1
- Chipset: Exynos 9825 (7 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (2×2.73 GHz Exynos M4 & 2×2.40 GHz Cortex-A75 & 4×1.95 GHz Cortex-A55)
- GPU: Mali-G76 MP12
- RAM: 6GB, 8GB
- Internal Storage: 128GB
- Memory Card slot: microSDXC (dedicated slot)
- Main Camera: Quad
- 64 MP, f/1.8, 26mm (wide), 1/1.72″, 0.8µm, PDAF
- 12 MP, f/2.2, 123˚ (ultrawide)
- 5 MP, f/2.4, (macro)
- 5 MP, f/2.4, (depth)
- Features: LED flash, panorama, HDR
- Selfie Camera: Single – 32 MP, f/2.0, 26mm (wide), 1/2.8″, 0.8µm
- Features: HDR
- Radio: FM Radio, Recording
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- NFC: Yes
- USB: USB Type-C 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint (side-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Battery Type and Capacity: Li-Po 7000 mAh, non-removable
- Charging: Fast charging 25W
- Reverse charging
Models: SM-E625F, SM-E625F/DS
Samsung Galaxy F62 Price and Availability
Below is the price of the different variants of the Samsung Galaxy F62 in India
- 6 GB RAM + 128 GB storage – INR23,999 (~$330)
- 8 GB RAM + 128 GB storage – INR25,999 (~$358).
It comes in Laser Green, Laser Blue, and Laser Grey.
Apart from Flipkart, Samsung India’s online shop, Reliance Digital, and retail outlets will carry out the sales of the Galaxy F62 from 12 PM on Feb. 22. Customers who wish to purchase the F62 through ICICI Bank card and EMI transactions can take advantage of INR2,500 (~$34) instant discount.
If you think this post can be helpful to somebody else, please share it on Twitter, Facebook or Whatsapp it to friends. There are buttons below for this (easy to use too)! Join Over 5,000 + Readers. Get a free daily update via Email HERE