- Advertisement -
Back in November, Samsung launched one of its most affordable phones with the Galaxy A02s which retails for €150 (about ₦55,000 in Nigeria). Today, it has unveiled its vanilla version with a more aggressive price tag, called Galaxy A02.
Spec-wise you’re getting a similar package to the A02s with one less camera around the back and MediaTek’s MT6739W chipset at the helm. You get a single 3GB RAM and 32GB storage version though you can expand that via microSD.
There’s a 6.5-inch HD+ LCD upfront with a waterdrop notch cutout for the 5MP selfie cam. Around the plastic back we have a 13MP primary camera next to a 2MP macro cam.
The A02 boots Android 10 with OneUI 2 on top. Its 5,000 mAh battery charges over microUSB at 7.75W speeds. The phone comes with dual SIM support and also sports a headphone jack. Availability details were not announced today but we expect the Galaxy A02 to make its way to more regions in the coming months.
Samsung Galaxy A02 Specifications
Since this is a quiet lengthy article, we have added a table of contents for easier navigation.
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2 (dual-SIM model only)
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 2100
- 4G bands: 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 20, 28, 38, 40, 41
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE Cat4 150/50 Mbps
- Announced: 2021, January 27
- Status: Available. Released 2021, January 27
- Dimensions: 164 x 75.9 x 9.1 mm (6.46 x 2.99 x 0.36 in)
- Weight: 206 g (7.27 oz)
- Build: Glass front, plastic back, plastic frame
- Colors: Black, Blue
- SIM: Single SIM (Nano-SIM) or Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: PLS IPS
- Size: 6.5 inches, 102.0 cm2 (~81.9% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 720 x 1600 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~270 ppi density)
- Android 10, One UI 2.0
- Chipset: Mediatek MT6739W (28 nm)
- CPU: Quad-core 1.5 GHz Cortex-A53
- GPU: PowerVR GE8100
- RAM: 3GB
- Internal Storage: 32GB
- Memory Card slot: microSDXC (dedicated slot)
- eMMC 5.1
- Main Camera: Dual
- 13 MP, f/1.9, (wide), AF
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (macro)
- Features: LED flash
- Video: [email protected]
- Selfie Camera: Single – 5 MP, f/2.0
- Video: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.1, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS
- NFC: No
- USB: microUSB 2.0
- Sensors: Accelerometer, proximity
- Battery Type and Capacity: Li-Po 5000 mAh, non-removable
Models: SM-A022F, SM-A022F/DS
Samsung Galaxy A02 Price and Availability
The phone is priced in Thailand for THB 2,999 (about $100/€82).
- Advertisement -