- Advertisement -
Oppo Reno5 Pro 5G finally goes global as the company launches the phone outside China. India market becomes the first overseas market to see the device. Unlike last year, the global Reno5 smartphone identical to the Chinese version – a Mediatek chipset, ultra-fast charging, and four cameras on the back.
OPPO Reno5 Pro 5G Goes Global
Since this is a quiet lengthy article, we have added a table of contents for easier navigation.
It is the first Dimensity 1000+ smartphone in India and comes with premium features such as a 65W SuperVOOC 2.0 fast charging, a beautiful curved 6.5-inch Super AMOLED display, and a special Reno Glow matte design.
OPPO is focused on bringing a sleek and lightweight design on the new Reno5 Pro 5G. The phone comes in a super thin 7.6mm body and weighs only 173 grams, which makes it one of the lightest 5G smartphones in the market. The front features a 6.5-inch 3D curved Super AMOLED display with a 90Hz refresh rate and 180Hz touch sampling rate. The display is rated for HDR10+ certification and is Amazon Prime and Netflix HD certified.
One of the biggest highlights of the Reno5 Pro 5G is the Reno Glow texture at the back. This adds a sparkly texture to the back of the device but features a matte finish ensuring that it’s not a fingerprint magnet. The Astral Blue variant shifts its color from blue to purple at different angles. There’s a Starry Black color variant as well.
OPPO also adds that its new phone brings a 360-degree surround antenna design which will select the appropriate antenna group based on how you are holding the device. This will ensure that there’s always a stable network connection without any interference.
Specs and Features
Inside, the Reno5 Pro 5G comes with the same Dimensity 1000+ processor, similar to its Chinese variant. The Dimensity 1000+ features an integrated 5G modem and comes with 4 big Cortex A77 cores for flagship-level performance along with the Mali-G77 GPU. MediaTek claims its Dimensity chip is the world’s lowest power-consuming 5G chip in the market right now. As for RAM and ROM variants, the Reno5 Pro starts with 8GB of RAM and 128GB of ROM.
Coming to its camera specs, the new OPPO device features a quad-camera setup at the back. This includes a 64MP primary sensor, an 8MP ultra-wide angle shooter, 2MP Macro and depth sensors, respectively. Unfortunately, there’s no telephoto sensor on the Reno5 Pro 5G.
However, OPPO is leveraging its new FDF Portrait Video system to improve the videography experience on its new model. We have already explained how the FDF Portrait System works in an earlier article. The system basically takes advantage of OPPO’s imaging algorithms to combine Live HDR and Ultra Night Video and offer a better video shooting experience on the Reno5 Pro. OPPO claims that the new model is able to capture brighter, more colorful, and less noisy videos, even at night.
As for software, the Reno5 Pro 5G runs on the new ColorOS 11.1 based on Android 11.
The OPPO Reno5 Pro comes with a fast 65W SuperVOOC 2.0 charging technology which promises 100% charging of its 4350mAh battery in just 30 minutes. OPPO claims that a mere 5 minutes of charging will top up the phone for an additional 4 hours of video playback.
OPPO Reno5 Pro 5G Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- CDMA 800
- 3G bands: HSDPA 800 / 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 4G bands:
- 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 17, 18, 19, 20, 26, 28, 38, 39, 40, 41, 66 – International
- 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 17, 18, 19, 26, 34, 38, 39, 40, 41 – China
- 5G bands:
- 1, 3, 7, 28, 38, 40, 41, 77, 78 SA/NSA – International
- 1, 3, 41, 77, 78, 79 SA/NSA – China
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A, 5G
- Announced: 2020, December 10
- Status: Available. Released 2021, January 05
- Dimensions: 159.7 x 73.2 x 7.6 mm (6.29 x 2.88 x 0.30 in)
- Weight: 173 g (6.10 oz)
- Build: Glass front, glass back, aluminum frame
- Colors Astral Blue, Starry Black, Starry Dream, Star Wish Red
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: Super AMOLED, 90Hz, HDR10+, 800 nits (typ), 1100 nits (peak)
- Size: 6.55 inches, 103.6 cm2 (~88.6% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2400 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~402 ppi density)
- Protection: Unspecified
- Android 11, ColorOS 11.1
- Chipset: Mediatek MT6889Z Dimensity 1000+ (7nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (4×2.6 GHz Cortex-A77 & 4×2.0 GHz Cortex-A55)
- GPU: Mali-G77 MC9
- RAM: 8GB, 12GB
- Internal Storage: 128GB, 256GB
- Memory Card slot: No
- UFS 2.1
- Main Camera: Quad
- 64 MP, f/1.7, 26mm (wide), 1/1.73″, 0.8µm, PDAF
- 8 MP, f/2.2, 115˚ (ultrawide), 1/4.0″, 1.12µm
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (macro)
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (depth)
- Features: LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: [email protected], [email protected]/60/120fps; gyro-EIS, HDR
- Selfie Camera: Single – 32 MP, f/2.4, 26mm (wide), 1/2.8″, 0.8µm
- Features: HDR
- Video: [email protected], gyro-EIS
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: No
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.1, A2DP, LE, aptX HD
- GPS: Yes, with dual-band A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO, QZSS
- NFC: Yes (market/region dependent)
- USB: USB Type-C 3.1, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint (under display, optical), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Battery Type and Capacity: Li-Po 4350 mAh, non-removable
- Charging: Fast charging 65W
- Reverse charging
- SuperVOOC 2.0
Models: PDSM00, PDST00, CPH2201
OPPO Reno5 Pro 5G Price and Availability
The OPPO Reno5 Pro 5G will arrive in Black or Blue for INR35,990 ($490/€405).
Both devices will arrive on January 22 on Flipkart, OPPO’s own e-store, and plenty of other third-party offline and online retailers.
- Advertisement -