OPPO has silently unveiled a new budget 5G smartphone called OPPO A55 5G in China. The new device goes official after a few days from the release of OPPO A93 5G. Let us take a look at the specs, features, and price of this new OPPO phone.
The newly announced OPPO A55 5G is powered by MediaTek Dimensity 700 SoC paired with 6GB RAM and 128GB internal storage. If needed, the memory can be further expanded up to 1TB via a MicroSD card.
On the front, the handset sports a 6.5-inch IPS LCD panel with a resolution of 1600 x 720 pixels (HD+) and a dewdrop notch. This screen has a 60Hz refresh rate, 60Hz touch sampling rate, 71% NTSC color gamut, 269 PPI, 1500:1 contrast ratio, and 480 nits peak brightness.
Talking about cameras, it comes with a vertically-aligned triple camera setup on the back consisting of a 13MP primary sensor, a 2MP macro shooter, and a 2MP sensor for portrait shots. Whereas, for selfies and video calls, there’s an 8MP snapper on the front.
On the connectivity front, the device supports 5G, dual-band WiFi 5, Bluetooth 5.1, GNSS (BeiDou, GALILEO, QZSS, GLONASS), a 3.5mm headphone jack, and a USB Type-C port. As for sensors, it houses a side-mounted fingerprint sensor, compass, ambient light sensor, accelerometer, proximity sensor, and gyroscope.
Lastly, the handset comes with model number PEMM00 in two colors (Brisk Blue, Rhythm Black), measures 163.9 x 75.7 x 8.4mm in dimensions, weighs 186g, runs ColorOS 11.1 based on Android 11, and is backed by a 5,000mAh battery with support for 10W charging.
OPPO A55 5G Specifications
Since this is a quiet lengthy article, we have added a table of contents for easier navigation.
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- CDMA 800
- 3G bands: HSDPA 800 / 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 4G bands: 1, 3, 5, 8, 34, 38, 39, 40, 41
- 5G bands: 1, 28, 41, 77, 78
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A
- Announced: 2021, January 25
- Status: Available. Released 2021, January 25
- Dimensions: 163.9 x 75.7 x 8.4 mm (6.45 x 2.98 x 0.33 in)
- Weight: 186 g (6.56 oz)
- Colors: Black, Blue
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: IPS LCD, 480 nits (peak)
- Size: 6.5 inches, 102.0 cm2 (~82.2% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 720 x 1600 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~270 ppi density)
- Android 11, ColorOS 11.1
- Chipset: MediaTek MT6833 Dimensity 700 5G (7 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (4×2.2 GHz Cortex-A76 & 4×2.0 GHz Cortex-A55)
- GPU: Mali-G57 MC2
- RAM: 6GB
- Internal Storage: 128GB
- Memory Card slot: microSDXC
- Main Camera: Triple
- 13 MP, f/2.2, 25mm (wide), 1/3.06″, 1.12µm, PDAF
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (macro)
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (depth)
- LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Selfie Camera: Single – 8 MP, f/2.0, (wide)
- Features: HDR
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Radio: FM Radio
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.1, A2DP, LE, aptX HD
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS, QZSS
- NFC: No
- USB: USB Type-C 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint (side-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Battery Type and Capacity: Li-Po 5000 mAh, non-removable
- Charging: Charging 10W
OPPO A55 5G Price and Availability
The OPPO A55 5G carries a price tag of ¥1,599 ($247) in the brand’s home country and is currently up for pre-order. It may make its way to global markets in the coming days as phones powered by MediaTek 5G chipsets have started launching outside mainland China.