The Xiaomi Mi 11 became the first Android phone to launch a Snapdragon 888 phone earlier last year. Today, vivo’s gaming-centric brand, iQOO, has taken the second spot with the launch of the much-awaited iQOO 7 in China. The phone is a successor to the iQOO 5 series from last year.
It is built into an aluminum frame for added durability and AG Glass back panel. The device sports a 6.62-inch Full-HD+ AMOLED panel with a 120Hz refresh rate and up to 300Hz touch response rate. The display also boasts a 2400 x 1080-pixel resolution, 91.4% screen-to-body ratio, 105% NTSC color gamut, HDR10+, and more.
iQOO 7 is powered by the 5nm Snapdragon 888 chipset, paired with up to 12GB of LPDDR5 RAM and up to 256GB of UFS 3.1 storage. The smartphone arrives with 5G connectivity support, Bluetooth 5.2, and Wi-Fi 6 out-of-the-box. Further, if you are a number-fiend and like benchmark scores, then iQOO 7 boasts an impressive 750,000+ on the AnTuTu benchmark.
The smartphone runs Vivo’s new OriginOS skin based on Android 11. It is a grid-like intuitive UI, which will offer you the option to pin CPU, GPU usage, and network controls on the home screen.
In the optics department, iQOO 7 features a 48MP primary camera, a 13MP ultra-wide lens, and a 13MP telephoto camera with 2x optical zoom. You also get up to 20x digital zoom to capture far-away subjects. Let’s not forget about the 16MP (f/2.) selfie camera housed in the punch-hole cutout on the front.
iQOO 7 comes equipped with a 4,000mAh battery pack. That’s nothing to worry about though as the device brings 120W FlashCharge technology support in tow. This means you will be able to fully juice up your device in about 15 minutes. The company still does not offer wireless charging but it’s okay. Plugging in for a few minutes would do the trick with this device.
iQOO 7 Specifications
Since this is a quiet lengthy article, we have added a table of contents for easier navigation.
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- CDMA 800 / 1900
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- CDMA2000 1xEV-DO
- 4G bands: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 17, 18, 19, 20, 25, 26, 28, 34, 38, 39, 40, 41
- 5G bands: 1, 3, 28, 38, 41, 77, 78, 79 SA/NSA
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A, 5G
- Announced: 2021, January 11
- Status: Exp. release 2021, January
- Dimensions: 162.2 x 75.8 x 8.7 mm (6.39 x 2.98 x 0.34 in)
- Weight: 209.5 g (7.41 oz)
- Colors: Gray, Blue, White
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: AMOLED, 120Hz, HDR10+
- Size: 6.62 inches, 106.5 cm2 (~86.6% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2400 pixels (~394 ppi density)
- Android 11, OriginOS
- Chipset: Qualcomm SM8350 Snapdragon 888 (5 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (1×2.84 GHz Kryo 680 & 3×2.42 GHz Kryo 680 & 4×1.80 GHz Kryo 680
- GPU: Adreno 660
- RAM: 8GB, 12GB
- Internal Storage: 128GB, 256GB
- Memory Card slot: No
- UFS 3.1
- Main Camera: Triple
- 48 MP, f/1.8, 26mm (wide), 1/2.0″, 0.8µm, PDAF, OIS
- 13 MP, f/2.5, 50mm (portrait), 1/2.8″, 0.8µm, PDAF, 2x optical zoom
- 13 MP, f/2.2, 120˚, 16mm (ultrawide)
- Features: Dual-LED dual-tone flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: [email protected], [email protected], gyro-EIS
- Selfie Camera: Single – 16 MP, f/2.0, (wide)
- Features: HDR
- Video: [email protected]
- Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: No
- 24-bit/192kHz audio
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.2, A2DP, LE, aptX HD
- GPS: Yes, with dual-band A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO
- NFC: Yes
- USB: USB Type-C, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint (under display, optical), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, color spectrum
- Battery Type and Capacity: Li-Po 4000 mAh, non-removable
- Charging: Fast charging 120W
iQOO 7 Price and Availability
iQOO 7 has been priced starting at;
- CNY 3,798 (~$586) for the 8GB+128GB variant
- CNY 4,198 (~$648) for the 12GB+256GB variant
- The base variant will be available in two colorways – blue and black. The higher-end variant will be the BMW Limited Edition variant. The smartphone will be up for pre-order today and go on sale starting from January 15 in China. There is currently no word on the iQOO 7’s launch in India.