- Advertisement -
Huawei has partnered with Porsche Design to announced a special edition of the Mate 40. Dubbed the Huawei Mate 40 RS Porsche Design, the phone shares some specs with the Mate 40 Pro series but also differs in its own way.
The Huawei Mate 40 RS Porsche Design features a high-strength nano-tech ceramic back which Huawei says has a “diamond-like shine and a sapphire-like toughness”. The stand out part of the design is the octagonal camera housing, and we won’t be surprised if we see other manufacturers copy the design in the near future. This is ceramic, so what you get is a glossy finish. There is no mention of an oleophobic coating, however, the white variant should be better at hiding smudges.
The Porsche Design Huawei has the same a 6.76-inch OLED display with a 90Hz refresh rate. There is a pill-shaped punch hole in the top left corner of the screen that houses a 13MP primary camera and a 3D depth-sensing camera.
It is also powered by a Kirin 9000 processor with 12GB of RAM but this time around a whopping 512GB of storage. It has a 50MP Ultravision main camera, a 20MP ultrawide Cine Camera, a 12MP telephoto camera with 3x optical zoom and OIS, an 8MP SuperZoom Camera that brings 10x optical zoom and also has OIS, and a 3D depth-sensing camera support for autofocus.
There is a 4400mAh battery inside the phone with support for 66W Wired Huawei SuperCharge and 50W Wireless Huawei SuperCharge. The Porsche Design Huawei Mate 40 RS has stereo speakers, Bluetooth 5.2, NFC, Wi-Fi 6, and a USB 3.1 Type-C port.
The phone runs EMUI 11 based on Android 10 out of the box.
Huawei Mate 40 RS Porsche Design Specifications
Since this is a quiet lengthy article, we have added a table of contents for easier navigation.
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2 (dual-SIM model only)
- 3G bands: HSDPA 800 / 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 4G bands: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 12, 17, 18, 19, 20, 26, 34, 38, 39, 40, 41
- 5G bands: 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 28, 38, 40, 41, 77, 78, 79, 80, 84 SA/NSA/Sub6
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A, 5G
- Announced: 2020, October 22
- Status:. Exp. release 2020, November
- Dimensions: 162.9 x 75.5 x 10.1 mm (6.41 x 2.97 x 0.40 in)
- Weight: 234 g (8.25 oz)
- Colors: Ceramic White, Ceramic Black, Collector Edition
- SIM: Single SIM (Nano-SIM) or Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- IP68 dust/water resistant (up to 2m for 30 mins)
- Type: OLED, HDR10+, 90Hz
- Size: 6.76 inches, 115.7 cm2 (~94.1% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1344 x 2772 pixels, 18.5:9 ratio (~456 ppi density)
- Android 10, EMUI 11, no Google Play Services
- Chipset: Kirin 9000 5G (5 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (1×3.13 GHz Cortex-A77 & 3×2.54 GHz Cortex-A77 & 4×2.05 GHz Cortex-A55)
- GPU: Mali-G78 MP24
- RAM: 12GB
- Internal Storage: 512GB
- Memory Card slot: NM (Nano Memory), up to 256GB (uses shared SIM slot)
- UFS 3.1
- Main Camera: Triple
- 50 MP, f/1.9, 23mm (wide), 1/1.28″, 1.22µm, omnidirectional PDAF, Laser AF
- 12 MP, f/2.4, (telephoto), PDAF, OIS, 3x optical zoom
- 8 MP, f/4.4, 240mm (periscope telephoto), PDAF, OIS, 10x optical zoom
- 20 MP, f/1.8, 18mm (ultrawide), PDAF
- TOF 3D, (depth)
- Features: Leica optics, dual-LED dual-tone flash, panorama, HDR
- Video: 4K@30/60fps, 1080p@30/60/120/240/480fps, 720p@960fps, 720p@3840fps, gyro-EIS
- Selfie Camera: Dual
- 13 MP, f/2.4, (wide)
- TOF 3D, (depth/biometrics sensor)
- Features: HDR, panorama
- Video: 4K@30fps, 1080p@30/240fps
- Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes, with stereo speakers
- Audio 3.5mm jack: No
- 32-bit/384kHz audio
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.2, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with dual-band A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO, QZSS, NavIC
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared port: Yes
- USB: USB Type-C 3.1, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Face ID, fingerprint (under display, optical), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, barometer, compass, infrared thermometer, color spectrum
- Battery Type and Capacity: Li-Po 4400 mAh, non-removable
- Charging: Fast charging 66W
- Fast wireless charging 50W
- Reverse wireless charging 5W
Huawei Mate 40 RS Porsche Design Price and Availability
The Huawei Mate 40 RS Porsche Design carries a heavy price tag N1,000,000 Naira, €2295. Seller will need some serious work in convincing buyers to choose this device over other phones such as the foldable Galaxy Z Fold2.
- Advertisement -