The HTC Desire 21 Pro 5G with Snapdragon 690 SoC has been officially unveiled in Taiwan. The phone has a centered punch-hole display up front and a Quad-Camera layout on the back. This rounded rectangle layout is similar to the realme and Redmi Phones that are launching these days. Anyway, you get the volume rockers and power button-cum-fingerprint sensor on the right.
The HTC Desire 21 Pro 5G features a 6.7-inch FHD+ LCD display with a resolution of 2400×1080 pixels. This is a 20:9 aspect ratio screen and also has a 90Hz refresh rate.
Under the hood, there’s a Snapdragon 690 5G SoC powering the device, paired with 8GB RAM, 128GB storage. You also get a MicroSD slot for further expansion of storage. For cameras, there is a 48MP f/1.8 main, 8MP f/2.2 ultra-wide with 118-degree FOV, and two 2MP f/2.4 sensors. You also get a 16MP sensor in the front inside the punch-hole for selfies.
Other features include a 5,000mAh battery with 18W charging, USB-C port, 5G NR, 4G LTE, NFC, Bluetooth 5.1, Wi-Fi 2.4/5GHz, GPS, BeiDou, GLONASS, Galileo, and Android 10.
HTC Desire 21 Pro 5G Specifications
Since this is a quiet lengthy article, we have added a table of contents for easier navigation.
2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 4G bands: 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 20, 28, 38, 39, 40, 41
- 5G bands: 1, 3, 5, 7, 28, 41, 78 SA/NSA
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A
- Announced: 2021, January 13
- Status: Exp. release 2021, January 21
- Dimensions: 167.1 x 78.1 x 9.4 mm (6.58 x 3.07 x 0.37 in)
- Weight: 205 g (7.23 oz)
- Colors: Blue, Purple
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: IPS LCD, HDR10, 90Hz
- Size: 6.7 inches, 108.4 cm2 (~83.0% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2400 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~393 ppi density)
- Android 10
- Chipset: Qualcomm SM6350 Snapdragon 690 5G (8 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (2×2.0 GHz Kryo 560 Gold & 6×1.7 GHz Kryo 560 Silver)
- GPU: Adreno 619
- RAM: 8GB
- Internal Storage: 128GB
- Memory Card slot: microSDXC
- Main Camera: Quad
- 48 MP, f/1.8, 26mm (wide), 1/2.0″, 0.8µm, PDAF
- 8 MP, f/2.2, 118˚ (ultrawide)
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (macro)
- 5 MP, f/2.4, (depth)
- Features: Dual-LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: [email protected], [email protected], gyro-EIS
- Selfie Camera: Single – 16 MP, (wide)
- Features: HDR
- Video: [email protected]
- Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.1, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- NFC: Yes
- USB: USB Type-C 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Battery Type and Capacity: Li-Po 5000 mAh, non-removable
- Charging: Fast charging 18W
- Quick Charge 4.0+
HTC Desire 21 Pro 5G Price and Availability
HTC Desire 21 Pro 5G comes in a sole 8GB RAM and 128GB storage variants. You have two color options to choose from- Star Blue, and Fantasy Purple. This single memory variant is priced at NT$11,990 ($428).
Currently, the device is up for pre-orders. Regular shipments will start from January 21(Star Blue) and February 4(Fantasy Purple). HTC also mentions that the current price is an early bird discount that is valid from January 13- February 28, 2021.
If you are a user in Taiwan, you are eligible for a 10% discount via the HTC website too. And People who pre-order their devices can expect their gifts and package to start arriving on January 16.