HP Envy 13 is a perfect Ultrabook that offers fast performance, long battery life and a bright display at a reasonable price. The HP Laptop has a 13-inch display and equipped with Intel’s 11th Gen Intel Core i7-1165G7 CPU and up to Core i5 and Core i7 of the 10th Gen processor coupled with Nvidia GeForce MX250 GPU and up to 32GB RAM and 1TB SSD to offer multiple multi-tasking experience.
HP Envy 13 Key Features and Specs
Since this is a quiet lengthy article, we have added a table of contents for easier navigation.
- Up to 11th Gen Intel Core i7-1165G7 CPU
- Nvidia GeForce MX250, Intel’s Ice Lake graphics
- Windows 10 Home or Windows 10 Pro
- 13.3-inch 1920 x 1080 FHD LED IPS Display (4K display option)
- Up to 32GB RAM
- Up to 1TB SDD
- 720p webcam with a built-in privacy shutter.
- Full-sized Backlit Keyboard
- Intel® AX201 Wi-Fi 6 (2×2) and Bluetooth® 5
- Fingerprint Reader (Optional)
- Dual stereo speakers, 3 multi-array microphones.
- Up to 18 hours Battery Life
HP’s Envy line is the company’s midrange laptop series with an all-metal body that feels smooth and sturdy, providing a level of class worth of an high end laptop. This laptop measures an overall dimension of 12.1 x 7.66 x 0.67 inches and weighs 1.3kg.
The metal frame comes with a stylish chrome HP logo centered on the lid. When opened, the slim lid houses the 13.3″ display with thin bezel around the edges.
Inside the top bezel there is a 720p HD webcam, which is adequate for business meetings and friend catch ups. There is a webcam kill switch on the keyboard, allowing you to deactivate the camera so you don’t need to worry about someone spying on you.
Furthermore, the HP Envy 13 keyboard stretches wide to the edges of the deck leaving only thin edges around the sides and a wide arm rest on both sides of the touchpad.
On the deck also is a slim power button with an LED strip, opposite a fingerprint sensor and a dual speaker.
For connectivity, the HP Envy 13 features a USB-C Thunderbolt 3, a microSD card reader, headphone jack and 2x USB-A.
The HP Envy 13 has a 13.3-inch Full HD touchscreen display with 1920 x 1080 resolution with slim bezels that results in the screen measuring 88% screen to body ratio. This touchscreen display is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass technology, to keep it from getting scratched.
The 1080p panel reproduces 109% of the sRGB color gamut, making it more vivid than the 4K display, which reached only 99.4%. The contrast ratio (1600:1) and brightness (778.3 cd/m³) of this 120-Hz panel are very good. This laptop also features a brightness as high as 1000 nits.
HP Envy 13 highest model is powered by the 11th Gen Intel Core i7-1165G7 CPU which is a power-efficient quad-core SoC based on the Tiger Lake-U generation. It clocks at a base rate of 1.8 GHz and can reach up to 4.1 GHz (four cores), 4.5 GHz (two cores) and 4.6 GHz (one core) thanks to its turbo. This CPU is backed up by a Intel® Iris® Xe Graphics.
There is also a model with the 10th generation quad core Intel Comet Lake i7-10510U processor has 1.8 GHz up to 4.9 GHz Turbo Boost clock speed with 8 MB cache and 4 cores.
There are also other processor based on the 10th Gen CPU, however, all these CPU option is backed up by the Nvidia GeForce MX250 Graphics card which can easily handle web browsing and other common business tasks.
This laptop also has different RAM and SSD storage. It offers between 4GB to 32GB of RAM and between 128GB and 1TB of solid-state storage.
The HP Envy 13 run on Windows 10 Pro (64-bit) or the Windows 10 Home Single Language 64-bit operating system out-of-the-box.
HP Envy 13 battery can last up to 18 hours of usage time depending on usage and configuration. The 4K models boasts up to 10 hours, while the models with full HD display boasts up to 18 hours.
HP Envy 13 comes with a dual speaker with Bang & Olufsen software preinstalled on it, with equalizer controls so you can adjust the bass, midrange and treble to offer immersive audio experience.
HP also provides an app called Audio Switch, which simply lets you switch your audio input/output between the internal speakers and headphones.
Furthermore, The Envy 13 also supports the usual Wi-Fi standards Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax) with Bluetooth 5 for sharing and connectivity.
HP Envy 13 Price and Availability
HP Envy 13 has a starting price of $799, depending on configuration of the laptop.
It is available on HP official store and other third-party e-commerce platforms like Amazon.
HP Envy Specs
Here are a few specs of the HP Envy Notebook:
- OS: Windows 10 Home 64 or Windows 10 Pro 64
- Processor: Up to 11th Gen Intel Core i7-1165G7 CPU
- GPU: Nvidia GeForce MX250, Intel’s Ice Lake graphics
- Memory: 4 GB, 8 GB, 16 GB, 32 GB RAM
- Colours: Silver, Pale Gold
- Dimension: 12.1 x 7.66 x 0.67 inches
- Weight: Starting at 1.3KG
Display & Keyboard
- Display: 13.3-inch IPS WLED-back-lit Display, (1920×1080 or 3840 x 2160), with 1000 nits, touchscreen option
- Keyboard: Full sized backlit Keyboard
- Pointing Device: Plastic Touchpad
- Built-in Storage: Up to 1 TB PCIe NVMe TLC SSD
- Optical Storage: –
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
Ports & Connectivity
- Webcam: Integrated HD 720p Infrared (IR) Webcam
- USB Ports: 2 x USB 3.1 Gen 1; 1 x USB 3.1 Type-C Gen 1 (Power delivery, with Thunderbolt)
- HDMI: Yes
- Thunderbolt Ports: Yes
- DisplayPort: –
- VGA: –
- Ethernet (RJ-45): Yes
- SD Slot: Yes
- Mic/Headphone: Yes
- WLAN: Intel® AX201 Wi-Fi 6 (2×2)
- Bluetooth: Yes, Bluetooth 5 Combo, (vPro) optional
- NFC: Yes
- Docking Connector: –
- Mobile Broadband: –
- Fingerprint reader (select models)
- HP USB-C to RJ45 Adapter
- HP Image Assistant
- ENERGY STAR Qualified Configuration
- HP Hotkey Support
- HP Noise Cancellation Software
- Master Boot Record Security
- HP Support Assistant
- HP Sure Sense
- Hall sensor
- Bang & Olufsen, dual stereo speakers
- Battery: HP Long Life 3-cell, 53 Wh Li-ion Battery
- Use Time: Up to 18 hours (Full HD models), 10 hours (4K models)